...   

        Novohrad Museum in Lučenec was established in the year 1955 as a District Museum in Halič. 
In the years 1967 - 1985 was relocated to Fiľakovo under the name of Novohrad Museum. Since the year 1985  has        been settled in the monument building of county courthouse in the historical centre of the town Lučenec.

The institution is supervised by the Regional Self-Government of Banská Bystrica.  It manages over 30.000 archeological, ethnological, historical and artistic objects in its collection. Among others the most valuable are the collections of folk pottery, enamel ware and historical glass, which show the most characteristic branches of traditional production in the Novohrad area. The gallery collection represents the works of the artists who lived or were connected with Lučenec and its area.

It regularly organises international artistic competition called Triennial of Aquarelle (since 1983) as well as International Ceramic Symposium (since 1989). Museum owns a rich collection of  contemporary ceramic art which is also presented on a permanent exposition.

Contact:    Novohradské múzeum a galéria
                Kubínyiho námestie č. 3
                984 01 Lučenec
                Slovenská republika
 
               tel: 00421-47- 4332502, fax: 00421-47- 4332980
               e-mail: nmlc@stonline.sk


Opening hours:      Tue - Fri: 9,00 am - 5,00 pm   Su: 2,00 -5,00 pm 
 
Entry fees (ticket to all exhibitions) :
children, students,  retired:  0,50
€                     
                                  adults:  1,00 €                     

Beyond opening hours: 1,50 € / person
.
. 
  
postmaster@nmg.sk